• WELCOME Grumblers
    Backup is now done at 3PM EDT. You may find the server down for up to two minutes at that time.

Double Mount Board?


MGF, Master Grumble Framer
My landlord (the photographer) has been getting his photos mounted at a lab and they come on a nice clean "white" centered board. (8 ply or so) Slick, smooth surface.

I want to try and get some of this board because of the finished quality I've seen.

He called the lab and they told him that it is called Cresent Double mount. I've looked in there catalog and didn't see anything. I've ordered mounting boards from Larson and they don't have what I'm looking for.

Anyone know what I'm asking about.

I don't have much time to search for the stuff right now, So I thought I'd throw it out to you all.

I plan to call Cresent when I get a little time.


Sponsor Wanted


SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
The Crescent pricelistdoes not list a "doublemount".

From your description I am guessing that they are using SUPERSMOOTH board. It comes in regular surface, or coated with perfect mount. Max size is 32x40.

It comes in 2 thicknesses:
.90 standard
.140 competition weight

The King

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
The Supersmooth with Perfect Mount is a terrific product.

From what I understand, it's been discontinued, probably based on my frequent recommendation on The Grumble.

(Darrel may want me to stop talking about WallBuddies.)
Sponsor Wanted