Gold touch up pen/marker

Stephen Enggass

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I’m looking for suggestions for a gold touch up marker. I have this nice delicate gold moulding that has a few specs flaking off here and there revealing a red under paint. I’d like to be able to use it for some personal items. What’s a good quality marker or paint? Thanks.
Sponsor Wanted


PFG, Picture Framing God
Lebron Gilders pastes, at United manufacturing,Tallas,University products.
I use them myself and I have all of the silver and gold variations.
Been using Liberon for about 25 years.
I dab it on with a finger or a brush, let dry a bit and lightly buff.

Gold markers look like gold markers.
The Liberon products are more like actual gilding.
It looks like United has them on sale..


SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
The problem is that there is no definitive 'gold' finish. There are a myriad of variations.
Some are nigh-on impossible to touch in successfully. I do agree that the Liberon Gilt Cream
is good for a lot of them. Gilt Varnish is also good, applied with a fine brush.
There are some finishes that the gold markers work on. 😛

On a leafed finish the obvious fix if to dab a bit of size on, followed by a speck of leaf. But metal
leaf is often covered in some sort of toning and trying to blend into that is a futile task,even if you
knew what the toning was. You end up with a bright gold spot rather than a red one.