• WELCOME Grumblers
    Backup is now done at 3PM EDT. You may find the server down for up to two minutes at that time.

Wide Gold Floater

bruce papier

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
We have a customer looking for a gold floater with a square face in the neighborhood of 2" wide by maybe 2 1/4 in total depth. They had a picture of it on their phone, so it's out there somewhere. I'll be darned if I can find it though.

Any leads?

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
You can make any suitable moulding into a floater by mounting the painting on a backing that is a biit larger than the canvas all the way around, and framing it with moulding and spacers to recess the backing so the face of the canvas is at your desired level. It's like a shadowbox with no glass.
:cool: Rick
  • Like
Reactions: cvm

bruce papier

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
That's a good suggestion, Rick. We've done that in the past and may end up doing it this time. We also thought of putting a gold cap over a black floater. We're just trying to get as close to matching what they saw as possible.
Sponsor Wanted