Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Museum Glass

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level II

Question Selling Museum Glass

Had a customer today who wanted to see the museum glass on his print, next to the CC. I got a couple of scraps and placed them
    over the mat corner/print. He immediately chose the museum glass. Does anyone do this? And, if so, how do you present it? I have thought of
    using a scrap frame with both pieces in it but am curious if there is another method?
    Al E

2. Thread Sponsor

Sponsor Wanted

PFG Picture Framing God Pat Murphey's Avatar

I have that wonderful little Tru-Vue shadowbox with yellow tassels on a black background and half CC and half Museum. I also have numerous frames and a couple of display cases around the shop with Museum, so that the customers can see exactly how Museum reflects/doesn't reflect lights, windows, etc.. It is easy to sell to those that can afford.
    Pat

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God Jeff Rodier's Avatar

I've got the paint set shadow bow which everybody loves. Then they ask for the price and nearly poop their shorts. I sell a fair amount of water white glass though.
    Art & Frame Outlet
    204 George Bishop Pkwy
    (Across from the Hard Rock Park)
    Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
    (843) 236-4370

Hamilton,New Zealand. (Just a step to the left)

In addition to this we have a number of small samples people can take home to hang where they intend to put the finished piece so as they can see how MG performs in their home environment. For fence sitters this can be a very useful tool intend.
    Don't get back to basics - never leave them.

PFG Picture Framing God RParrish's Avatar

http://www.tru-vue.com/Framers/Tools

I also frame items for the shop in a variety of glazing, the more you show the more you sell!
    Randy Parrish CPF, Parrish Fine Framing & Art
    Facebook
    GLPPFA

"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer Grey Owl's Avatar

Although Tru-Vue has a good display case showing the tassels, or the paint boxes, their frame is terrible, and I'm concerned the customer may think that I did the frame.

So...I took two black and white post cards and framed them with black mats and grey fillets; one has cc and one has museum glass. The difference is very obvious. Blacks really show reflections!

Concerning the pricing, never say what the price is (eg. $60.00 for Museum vs $15 for CC) or the % difference (eg Museum is 4 times as expensive.) Instead say either say, for only $45.00 more....

For me, the biggest problem with Museum was in getting me to believe the difference was work the extra cost. Now that I really believe it is worth it, I sell more.
    Russ Wood / Grey Owl Framing
    Original Art and Specialty Pieces Deserve Uncommon Frames

www.GreyOwlFraming.com
    http://www.facebook.com/GreyOwlFraming

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer neilframer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RParrish View Post
    http://www.tru-vue.com/Framers/Tools

I also frame items for the shop in a variety of glazing, the more you show the more you sell!
    I framed the excellent colored pencil portrait done by the extremely talented Pat Erickson (evartpat) of my dog Ginny and used Museum glass on it.
    I have it hanging in the display area at work and it really helps to show off the glass (and also Pat's work) and contrast it with the CC glass on some of the other framed pics.
    Support for People with Oral and Head and Neck Cancer
    http://www.spohnc.org
    "My time is a piece of wax falling on a termite, who's chokin' on the splinters"

PFG Picture Framing God RParrish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neilframer View Post
    I framed the excellent colored pencil portrait done by the extremely talented Pat Erickson (evartpat) of my dog Ginny and used Museum glass on it.
    I have it hanging in the display area at work and it really helps to show off the glass (and also Pat's work) and contrast it with the CC glass on some of the other framed pics.
    me too!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150386531594013&set=a.10150155354 229013.287356.49747234012&type=3&theater
    Randy Parrish CPF, Parrish Fine Framing & Art
    Facebook
    GLPPFA

"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer Puppiesonacid's Avatar

i sell mostly museum glass or regular glass. either people care or they don't. there aren't a lot of in between people. i have the paint set thing as the sample and have the museum on a few pictures on walls next to regular glass. it does sell its self to those that want to pay for it.... ive been selling reg NG glass more for those that want the NG look, but not the AR/ Museum prices.

there are to many options, and it kind of does confuse the customers. ive knocked it down to 6 kinds of glass. conservation clear, or regular. museum or AR, NG and UVNG. the same 3 panned example works for all 6 since they look the same... i dont' get into the reg glass is greenish, the conservation is pinkish. just to much info over load. keep it simple stupid

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer i-m-chickie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl View Post

For me, the biggest problem with Museum was in getting me to believe the difference was work the extra cost. Now that I really believe it is worth it, I sell more.
    Truer words were never spoken. I am selling it like crazy now that I am not afraid too. The difference is NIGHT and DAY.

Convince yourself and the others are WAY easier. Almost ALL of the pieces I have done this month are MG. Now if I can get True Vue to send me more than just 8 stickers when I order them off their website.

• Go
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast